Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Positive, Negative, Neutral (Remi's entry and author's notes)

4/11/07

(+)
My name is Remi and I was possessed by a Kitsune Spirit named Shinobu for six months.
The positive outcome as a result of allowing Shinobu to possess my soul was that she managed to create a dynamic matrix by utilizing social networks in physical and virtual settings. Everything that is happening to me at this time is because of her research on humans. This has resulted in providing me with an enormous amount of material for my practicum.

(-)
The downfall was that I had no social life during that period. Neither did I have an outlet for my creativity. Shinobu was controlling my life and I had no way of escaping my predicament. I had made an agreement to relinquish control of my physical being for six months.
At times, she would pretend to be like me and use my own social network to fabricate her reality to make even more people believe she was a Japanese exchange student. This upset me because I knew that she was duping others for her own gain. I could not handle her deception and made plans to eliminate her. However, I was ultimately still trapped and she always had the last laugh, which made me feel like a complete idiot.
The negative outcome of being possessed is that more people realize how insane I am now as I explain to them why I was acting very strangely for the past few months. No one seems to believe what I say anymore.

(Neither + or -)
I am not really sure how to write about my experience because I only remember bits and pieces. As I try to recall the memories created by Shinobu, my brain tries to make sense out of the scattered pieces. Therefore, I believe my brain is fabricating memories. It is possible that the events that prompted those memories never took place. I don’t know any of the people Shinobu was in contact with while she was Kitsune.Suzuki.
I am only familiar with the people she used from my own social network. While they thought they were taking directions from me, it was actually Shinobu who was influencing them. They probably thought I was creating a video project and wanted to help me. I doubt they had any idea that I was possessed because a Kitsune Spirit has the ability to create masterful illusions that are difficult to detect. By explaining my relationship with Shinobu, my social network will then merge with the one she has created. As a result, two different networks comprised of different entities will be integrated. This is what I hope will be a beautiful beginning to something that will become even more complicated.

***Author's Notes***
Remi writes about her experiences in three different narratives; positive, negative and neutral. The neutral narrative does not come across as indifferent because readers of this journal will interpret words as negative or positive depending on each individual. To write in a neutral format is to omit words that will trigger connotations within the minds of humans. By doing this we lose information that will in effect change the whole entire story. Words become a powerful tool, but it is very important to know how to use it and know ones audience.

No comments: